Girl Next Door

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Managing Relationship Risks

“All my bags are packed; I’m ready to go…This song has been playing in my mind over and over again since early this morning. He is leaving. From the moment I step out from his car, I know things will never be the same anymore. Neither of us knows what future hold for us. So we are going to let things flow by itself. Good luck & God bless,” said one of my friend who is in a long distant relationship.

We were having this conversation over lunch at one of the café here. She asked me after her partner left, “Which is the saddest – to hate or to have never been loved before?”

This is a tough question. How do I answer? There isn’t any win-win situation here. Some might say, it is better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all. Yet others might think that both are interrelated.

Hate wouldn’t have existed without love and vice versa. Why is it so? I don’t know. Probably, it’s because you love someone so much that it turns to hate when that person doesn’t love you back. This is what I call relationship risks.

Do you realize that there are actually risks in a relationship? Have you ever bother to identify one? “No” is the answer I get from most of the people that I’ve talked to.

So, I have come out with a few steps to manage risks in relationship.

1. Identify relationship risks;
2. Develop an effective process to manage it;
3. Be aware of the changes between both of you;
4. Regular evaluation of your relationship (he he he);
5. Develop practical strategies to mitigate exposure and enhance your relationship.

Be prepared before it’s too late.. ha ha ha…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home