Girl Next Door

Friday, May 19, 2006

"Thou shalt not date thy friend's ex". Back Off!!

Would you ever date your friend’s ex? Is it ever ok?

These two questions have been lingering in mind after reading one of the articles on relationship the other day.

In fact I agree with the author that it does not matter whether you are dating one of your friends’ exes or experienced the agony of having a friend date one of yours, many feels that you are playing with fire.

But seriously, what are the consequences? Friendship falling apart, relationship turns sour, no more girls talk on relationship, boys & sex and the list go on and on and on like the bunny in the energizer battery advertisement.

“This will never be ok for me. Right or wrong, I will feel betrayed if ever one of my girlfriends started to date my old flame,” says one reader.

“My boyfriend and I had recently broken up and I had no idea that he is going out with one of my girlfriends until she called the following week. I told her I am fine with it, but as soon as I hung up, I cried for half an hour, drown myself with alcohols and lie on the bed watching Sex and the City re-runs until I eventually fell asleep.” says another reader.

In fact I believe there are no hard rules as to what’s right or wrong in this matter. There is no right feeling to feel or what so ever. As long as your friends care enough for you, they will know what to do.

But if you can’t help and accidentally fell in love with her ex-bloke, what are you going to do? Are you going to spill the beans?

Well, there are things that you can do in order to minise the damage. According to the experts, there are few simple rules to follow:

1. Cooling period – certain elapsed time will do good;
2. Be open and honest with your friend before getting serious with their ex;
3. Try not display your affection of each other in front of your mate;
4. Save the pillow talk for your other friends (sex especially).

Or instead maybe you should decide who is more important to you, your friend or the other guy?

Blog ideas from “Sam and the City”







0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home