Girl Next Door

Sunday, May 21, 2006

Happy Valley

Do not get me wrong. I am not writing about the Happy Valley a.k.a. Pau Mah Tei in Hong Kong. I am talking about the café named Happy Valley here in Ipoh. The café is situated at Jalan Dato’ Maharaja Lela in front of the Ipoh padang opposite St. Michael High School.

I noticed the theme of the café evolved around “horses”. I believe this is to complement its’ name “Pau Mah Tei” remember? How do I know? Frankly, it’s obvious. But I think I can’t be too wrong since I can see a lot of photos figuring horse racing on the wall. It’s quite interesting because some of the photos dated back to the 70’s.

However, the only one that caught my eyes was this huge poster on the wall. It’s really impressive. Well, at least I am if you are not.



How do I rate the café? Well, I am no professional but I can tell the food is alright. I like the laksa very much though. I have to admit that the environment there is superb. Air-conditioned, well lighted area and of course clean.

My rating:

Food = 8/10
Cleanliness = 9/10
Service = 8/10
Environment = 9/10
Pricing = 8/10



You don’t believe me? I guess you have to go there and try it out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home