Girl Next Door

Thursday, October 05, 2006

Dieting Myths Busted

People who are close to me know that I am very paranoid with my weights. And I am not surprise that sometimes I tend to irritates them whenever I asked, “Do I look fat in this dress? Am I fat?” Yes, babes, I know I am a bit annoying. Ha ha ha…

Well, in today 21st Century, most modern women would love to stay slim and thin. Thanks to those skinny models in the magazines & fashion shows. We have perceived that this is what we call the norm and acceptable to the society. “SLIM & THIN”. Yes, I know Milan refused to ban those skinny models from the catwalk. I don’t blame them. They are the “in” thing in the fashion world now.

So, in order to lose some weights, we women have tried every single way to achieve our objectives. Atkins diets, exercising regularly, using slimming tea / pills, counting calories in our head every time before we eat (yeah, we do!!) and etc. Some even go to the extent of spending thousands of Ringgit on slimming packages / programs from Unisense, Marie France and other slimming salon.

However, some may still complain that these programs or ways of losing weights does not generate any positive results. Even if it does, it’s not permanent. So, what really went wrong? After doing some research online, I found this article written by Joy Bauer. According to her, there are 10 dieting myths that we have overlooked.

Winner: Skipping breakfast helps in losing weights.

Sorry, girls. Breakfast skipping does not help to “save” your calories intake. In fact, it was proven that the breakfast eater weight lesser than the breakfast skipper. Of course, in condition it’s a healthy breakfast. Why is it so? Well, breakfast skipper tend to overeat after dinner.

Colonics helps to lose weights.

Ah, another myth busted. Nope, it doesn’t. Colonics will only dehydrate you. Therefore, you will only lose the water weights but not the fat weights. The weights lost will come back for good after a few glasses of fluid.

Late night supper will turn straight to fats.

Not really true. If the overall calories intake is appropriate for weight loss, these late calories will be burned the next day or even while sleeping. Besides, eating constantly will helps to stabilized blood sugar and results in less craving for food. However, try not to consume more than 250 calories for your late night supper.

Any type of water is better than soda.

Check the label on the bottle. Some of the brand has sugar in it. Drink wisely.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home